Yesterday we went into the day not knowing what was happening or going on at
all. My group had 2 locations to hit. 1st was a primary school with the most
precious kids and we had a great time sharing and singing and approx. 40 kids
accepted Christ. Our next location really made me see the true meaning of
'africa time'. We waited for about 2 hrs to eat lunch (mind you it was about
2:00 by now) and lunch was goat. I learned today that goat and I don't do well
together. Once the secondary school conference started, I realized these
highschoolers were going to be a tough crowd. And yes, they were. But we pushed
thru and even though we don't know many accepted Christ, I think we reached a
handful. There were about 1200 that were at the conference combined for the
first group. The 2nd group however, had an amazing time and there were about 950
at their conference. Today both groups had a phenominal day! My group was in
front of a crowd of about 850 and about 300 accepted or recommitted to Christ. I
LOVE the singing and dancing the kids do! At every conference they do
'presentations' for us which is a couple songs and dances and it makes me squeal
they are sooo cute performing! Our other group was in front of a crowd of 840
and about 95% of them were saved today!! Between Lauren and I, we may come back
with all the little kids that uganda has to offer. We have 3 more days of it and
were headed home so keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
Love u lots and miss u!
Emily Celek