Today the team exposed to "The Bride" in El Salvador.  Her name is El Buen Samaritano Inglesia, she is our church partner here.  She is small but mighty when it comes to the impact she makes in the community. This was an opportunity for our team to meet the people and see the setting of where they will be working all week.  This is a picture of the team in front of the Child Development Center that cares for 200 of the poorest children in this area.




This is Sean Kappauf typing now. I'm the funny looking guy on the back right (red collared shirt). I was given the great privilege to speak at El Buen Samaritano Inglesia. This was a first for me:

  • a first time speaking to a mainly Spanish speaking (not understanding English) community
  • a first time having a translator translate what I was saying
  • a first time being around people who somehow love me even though they just met me, 
  • a first time speaking and having an audiences full attention despite the: 
    • constant rain fall over a tin roof, 
    • kids running around screaming, 
    • thunder every two minutes, 
    • and not to mention an awkwardly warm heat that made us all sweaty. 
To my surprise and God's plan we came into the service with the first ever ceremony for their kids. The ceremony was to award the young ones on their completion of their computer class. It was an incredible set up on what God had put on my heart with my message which was all about building up the next generation. And right before me was the bride (El Buen Samaritano Inglesia) caring for the next generation. So rather than this being a more challenging message it became an encouraging message to continue to strive after what they are currently doing now.

All-in-all this was an incredible experience, God moved, and we were all blessed. A great first full day down here with the team and the community. I'm so excited to see what God has in store for all of us this next week.