Today was an amazing day for our team!  Half of the team  (Matt, Pam, Liz & Terrilee) headed to the Rift Valley to continue training Sunday school teachers how to effectively teach children about Christ.  They worked with 70 leaders today.  The other half of the team (John, Tammi, Kari, Nicole & Keri) were able to visit 7 homes of children in the Mosaic Vision program.  These were children old and young, with no parents altogether and a few with parents dying of AIDS.  We were able to see the amazing things that Mosaic has been doing in the lives of these children.

The value of sponsorship became so evident today as we prayed for and with families that welcomed us into their humble homes and hosted us with what little food they have.  They value their sponsors and praise God despite their circumstances.  The last stop we made was a surprise visit t the home of one of the boys I (Nicole) sponsor.  He was in school, but his 3 brothers were moved to hear who I was hugging me in tears and calling me "mom".  I am mom because their mom died of AIDS and so did their father.  They are 4 young men who sustain themselves with the help of Mosaic Vision's child sponsorship.  I wish I could relay in words what this day was to us, but I can't.  Our God is an amazing master who provides and loves all his children.  I saw this face to face and felt His presence today everywhere we went.

Thanks for reading our story.  Please continue praying for our time here and the people of Uganda.

May God bless you!!

Nicole Carter